What is Dads in Gear (DIG)?
Dads in Gear (DIG) is a unique, evidence-based program for dads and granddads who want to be healthy and smoke-free.
- First stop smoking program developed specifically for dads
- An innovative face-to-face group program
- 10 week program – 2 1/2 hour session each week with dads
- Creative, masculine approach, activity-based and interactive
- Focused on Being a Dad, Being a Healthy Dad, and Being a Smoke-free Dad
- Supports men in their efforts to be healthy and smoke-free
The main objective of the program is for men to gain the strength, the motivation, and the tools they need to build healthy lifestyles for themselves and their families. DIG uses the power of social connections and men’s desire to be good dads and granddads to inspire their determination to stop smoking cigarettes and to become more physically active.
WANT TO BRING DADS IN GEAR
TO YOUR COMMUNITY?
Contact the DIG Program Team
University of British Columbia (UBC)
Program Development Team Leads
Dr. John Oliffe, University of British Columbia Vancouver
Dr. Joan Bottorff, University of British Columbia Okanagan
Dr. Gayl Sarbit, University of British Columbia Okanagan